Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Great Dream

Last night I had the greatest dream. I was sitting in my office, which in the dream was some hybrid of my work and home offices, and I looked up to see someone coming in. It was my Grandmother, just as I remember her from a decade ago. She smiled and pulled me into a big hug, and over her shoulder I could see my Grandfather looking at us and smiling. I knew that she could not be real, since she left us so many years ago. But in the dream, I could feel her hugging me, and it felt so great to hold her again and tell her how much I loved her. And my Grandfather? He was positively beaming. I hadnt seen him look so happy in a long, long time.

When I woke, my first and strongest impression was a feeling of being loved. And then reality set in, and I cried. I miss her more everyday, and I dont think it will ever get easier. For a moment, though, in my dream, she was here with me and it was fantastic.