Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Calm Before The Storm

The week between Christmas and New Year's is always a contradiction for me. On one hand, it is crazy busy, with me trying to get everything finished at work and at home before the new year. On the other hand, it is quiet and slow, with the rush of Christmas behind me and a lull before the craziness that is New Year's Eve.
 
I need to focus on work much more the next two days, so I can wrap up as much as possible before the end of month/end of year. The problem is, I am not motivated at all. I am thinking only about our New Year's Eve plans, and looking ahead to my birthday weekend. Hopefully, I can get my act together tomorrow and Friday and end the year on an up note, at least as far as work is concerned. As to the house and our bathroom renovation... well... that is DEFINITELY on hold until the new year.