Monday, December 12, 2005

Ice Skating? In San Diego?

Saturday afternoon, a group of brave individuals made their way to Horton Plaza to experience something unusual for Southern California... ice skating. And we had a blast! The sun was setting on a beautiful day, so the weather was just cool enough to feel like winter. Some of us were pretty comfortable on skates, while others were anything but. I give credit to AJ and Jon, who had never been on skates before but managed to stay up the whole time. They got better every lap, and by the end, they were skating like old pros.
 
One side note: More than once, while skating around by myself, I realized I had a big grin on my face. I so enjoyed being there on the ice, acting like a big kid. Growing up, ice skating was never anything I ever did. So it was a good feeling, simple and fun. I loved it, and I will definitely make this an annual tradition.