Saturday, December 10, 2005

Jingle Bell, Hurt Like Hell, 5k in the morning

After the Gulls game, we came back home and sat out on the back deck for a while. Okay, a LONG while. AJ and I were the last two standing, and it was 1:30am by the time I got to bed. Still, at 5:30am, I was back awake and ready to go. I headed down to Balboa Park to run in the Jingle Bell 5k, a benefit for the Arthritis Foundation. John W met me there, and we had a good run. My time was long - 35:00 - but I ran the whole way and never stopped. For me, that was the goal. The run started near the Hall of Champions and Puppet Theater, passed the Old Globe, across the 163 bridge, north to Laurel, back south through the fruit loop, and back across the bridge and down to the start point.
 
I have now run in four 5k events in three months. Not too bad for someone who never entered an organized running event in my life. Go Red Go!