Thursday, December 15, 2005

Work? What's work?

Everyone already knows that Ric is my husband. Not everyone knows that we work together, too, and that Ric is my assistant. Most of the time, that's very cool. But the last 6 weeks have been anything but. The whole time Ric was in Texas rebuilding my Mom's house, I was without an assistant. (Selfish sounding, I know, but it's true.) And this week, Ric has taken more time off to work on our own home renovation. So while that is good for us at home, it is not good for me at the office.
 
It is nearly the end of the year, and I am WAY behind on both major projects. The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy for me, and I am already feeling the pressure. I'll get through it, I know, but *ugh*. Just once, I would like to stroll into work and not feel like I am already eight hours behind.