Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Brrr.

I am spending this upcoming holiday weekend with my best friend, Brenda. We are both flying into New York for a long weekend of all the good stuff: running two 4K races, seeing three Broadway shows, eating food from every street vendor we see, and some great sightseeting. Mostly, though, the weekend is just about two long-time friends enjoying being with each other.

I am looking forward to the trip, but imagine my surprise when I returned from the desert Sunday night to see the headlines - "New York under record snowfall!" Yikes. Last weekend I was playing around in a t-shirt and shorts, enjoying a warm sunny day. This next weekend? The forecast calls for rain Friday, then cold and windy all weekend. Oh, and the temperatures are going to be somewhere around 35degs. Brrr.