Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A bad mood in the making...

Not sure why, but I am in a pissy mood this morning. Cranky, mean, and anything but nice. I know I am frustrated with work, and sitting here now all I can think is how great it would be to drop all the paperwork on my desk into the shred bin, grab my stuff, and walk out.

Of course, since I have a mortgage and bills and a life I am trying to pay for, quitting is out of the question. I am not sure what it is going to take to snap me out of this mood, but I need to find it soon. Supposedly, I am having an employee review/evaluation today. What a bunch of crap. It took 15 months for me to have my first "annual" review, and now it has taken another 20 months for my second review. Yeah, like this is really a yearly event.

As part of my self-evaluation, I had to list things that I would like to see changed. My input? I want to change from an 8 hour, 5 days a week schedule to a 10 hour, 4 days a week schedule. If I could get that schedule, I would have one day off during the week that I could use for myself. That might make the difference in my attitude, since right now I feel like I am too busy catching up on the weekend to actually enjoy it.

Oh, well. Guess we'll see how it all sorts itself out today, right? For now, I am going to start at the top of the desk stack and see how much of it I can get through before I leave for the gym at 11:30.