Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ride for AIDS

Today I signed up for a 25 mile bike ride to raise funds for Being Alive, a San Diego organization that provides services to those affected by HIV/AIDS. I set a goal for myself of $250, and I met that goal within 15 minutes. Are my friends incredible or what? I have increased my goal to $500, and I am going to try to put together a team that raises $1,000 total.

The ride is on April 9th, so I have plenty of time to continue raising money AND to train for the ride. Sure, it is only 25 miles of biking, but that route includes a hilly course up to Cabrillo Monument. I am excited about this event because it is a good reason to get in shape and a great opportunity to help a worthy organization.

Thanks again to my friends who have already offered so much. I will make you proud on ride day, I promise!