Tuesday, March 7, 2006

So far, so good...

Despite the fact that this is my umpteenth attempt at getting back into shape, I refuse to waste energy on the could have, should have. Instead, I am going to focus on what I am doing right and doing right now. Yesterday was a very good day, indeed. I was very careful about what I ate, choosing healthier options.

After work, I went directly to the gym and ran 6.7 miles in an hour on the elliptical machine. (Wow, love that machine!). I woke up this morning at 5:15 and headed right back to the gym. Another hour on the machine and another 6.1 miles down, and I am feeling pretty great this morning. I know that there is no miracle cure, at least none that I would want to try. What will work for me is a simple commitment to keep active and eat healthier. The simpler the plan, the better.

I will continue to post updates here on the blog. Wish me luck!