Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Trench

With Iraq descending into Civil War and complete chaos, I can't stop thinking about our Marines. Selfishly, I am thinking about Jon and AJ, and their friends, stuck in the middle of a war zone. I will avoid the political opinions here and focus on the personal.

All I can do right now is hope and pray that they complete their mission and return home safely. To that end, I am including a link to a video by an artist named Morgan Clamp. The song is called Trench, and it's written from a soldier's perspective. (Click here.) I am posting the lyrics, too, as a reminder to all of us that our servicemen and women deserve our continued respect and support. May they all return to us safely and soon.

TRENCH
There's no bullet as sore as the sight of your eyes
When I kissed you one last time
So we can be brave, and we can be heroes
If we only manage to stay alive
For all the things I've sacrificed, and the things that it gave
It's a terrible trade, and now I lay awake inside my trench
My hands are bruised and my feet are drenched
What lays ahead for me?

So we all have a destiny
Tell me what is mine
And we all have a place to be
But here I don't feel right

Please say that you're thinking of me
Please say that I am not alone
And please say that you're dreaming of me
And please pray that I'll be coming home

Please say that you're thinking of me
Please say that I am not alone
And please say that you're dreaming of me
And please pray that I'll be coming home

Please say that you're thinking of me
Please say that I am not alone
And please say that you're dreaming of me
And please pray that I'll be coming home