Thursday, May 18, 2006

Speaking of...

And speaking of being back from vacation, it has taken me less than a week to get in a crappy mood about work. People say a vacation is the chance to recharge and energive yourself. Supposedly, taking a week in Hawaii means I come back to the office in a great mood and ready to get to it.

That could not be any more the opposite of how I feel. In fact, since returning to work Monday morning, all I can think about is getting out of here. The work is annoying, the people irritating, and my direct supervisor is THISCLOSE to hearing a mouthfull of "like a sailor" talk as I run screaming to the elevator and out of the building.

Yep. It may well be time for me to rethink my efforts here. I don't enjoy what I am doing, and my mind is as focused on the clock each day as it is any of the work I need to get done. Well, maybe it's time to visit www.monster.com.