Tuesday, May 2, 2006

The Way Back Machine

Timing is everything, right? So today I am surfing the web, making plans for my upcoming Hawaii trip. I message my friend, Timmy, to check on the name of a club there. He lets me know that not 10 mins earlier, he received an email from someone we were stationed with nearly 20 years ago.

A few clicks later, and I find myself signed on to a web group for Hawaii Marines that were part of our deployment to Korea. Another click or two, and I discover this photo:



So I spent the next couple of hours reading posts and checking out photos, and I feel like I have stepped into the "way back machine." More later as I catch up with other fellow Marines, but for now I just have to say thank you to Todd Rudat for making the effort to connect. It is appreciated, my friend.