Sunday, June 18, 2006

Coronado Low Tide Ride & Stride

This morning, I was up early and off to the beach. Instead of lounging around on a towel or reading a book, though, I was walking 8.2 miles for the Coronado Low Tide Ride and Stride. It is a shared fundraiser for the Rotary Club, which works to fight polio, and a limb replacement clinic down in Mexico.

The day was overcast, the temperature cool and comfortable, and the company was great. Thanks to Paula, Suzie, Dave & Mark for walking with me. (And yes, we walked the whole thing. After a long week of working out and running at the gym, I decided that it was better for me to walk than to run the 8.2 miles.)

Here we are along the walk:


And here we are at the finish line:


And to answer the obvious question, no, we did not lose someone on the walk. One of our group was a bit slower getting to the finish line, mostly because he kept stopping along the way to chat with the Navy Seal Sentries posted along the base perimeter.