Wednesday, June 28, 2006

They Were Wrong.

I know that many of you who read my blog don’t always read the progressive websites. So when I see something that connects with me, I try to post it here on my own blog. (Of course, I also make sure to give credit to the other writers, because not doing that would completely suck.)

Anyway, I read Battered American Syndrome, written by Vyan and posted on the Democratic Underground. I love it. It is an excellent collection of twenty examples of the Bush Administration and Republican Congress being completely and totally wrong.

  1. Wrong to not to intervene when Enron and other energy companies were gutting California
  2. Wrong to ignore Al Qaeda
  3. Wrong to blame Saddam Hussein for 9/11 by linking him to Bin Laden
  4. Wrong to claim he had Nuclear and Biological Weapons programs
  5. Wrong to invade a sovereign nation on false pretenses
  6. Wrong to ignore the insurgency
  7. Wrong to violate the Geneva Conventions
  8. Wrong to spy on Americans without a warrant or probable cause
  9. Wrong to fail to leave Iraq when everyone from the American people, the Iraqi people and Iraqi government clearly want them to
  10. Wrong to ignore the pre-Katrina warnings
  11. Wrong to claim that Intelligent Design is "science"
  12. Wrong to systematically lie to the American people
  13. Wrong on the environment
  14. Wrong on Global Warming
  15. Wrong on voting rights,
  16. Wrong about Terri Schiavo
  17. Wrong on Gay Marriage
  18. Wrong on Flag-Burning
  19. Wrong to try and prosecute journalists for speaking the truth
  20. Wrong to teach our children that sexual ignorance is preferable to sexual safety and responsibility