- Murder charges against Marines for their actions in Haditha
- Additional massacre allegations from Iraq
- Iran's defiant nuclear stance
- Hurricane season starting (and no one is ready)
- National Guard troops deploying to the California border
"Forget the rest of the world. We have to make sure those evil homosexuals don't ruin our institution of marriage."
He will promote a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage on Monday, the eve of a scheduled Senate vote on the cause that is dear to his conservative backers.
Yep, despite the general concensus that this bill has ZERO chance of getting the 67 votes it needs in the Senate, let alone ratification by 2/3 of the states, the President thinks that it is important enough to merit his attention.