Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wicked comes to San Diego



The unbelievable phenomenon that is Wicked The Musical rolled into San Diego yesterday, and I was lucky enough to have a ticket for opening night. Of course, my ticket was very nearly at the back of the theater, but I'm not complaining. Like Miss Delaware in the Miss America pageant, I was just happy to be there.

The performance was great, but not the best version I have seen. Of course, I have now seen it six times, so there has to be a better and a not better. Still, the show was enjoyable, and the audience was crazy about it. There was such an excitement, you could feel it in the air. The crowd even applauded when the house lights went down!

The show is sold out for its San Diego run, but there is a resident show planned for Los Angeles from February 2007 through December 2007... at least. Yep, it's a done deal that I will be going up to see it again. I just can't get enough of this show.