Thursday, August 31, 2006

300

This is post 300 to my blog. I can’t believe it. In less than a year, I have had that much to say? Wow. Well, to celebrate the milestone – and we all know how much I love to celebrate anything – I am going to provide links to a bunch of other things that are related to the number 300. Click around and have some fun!
  • The upcoming Warner Bros film 300, which is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army.
  • The Chrysler 300, which is a little fancy for my taste but still a sweet ride.
  • A German man has been dubbed Super Papa by the press after authorities discovered he had adopted 300 children worldwide, in an attempt to collect public funds. Dumbass.
  • 300 Mounted Men is a website honoring the Mounted Policemen of Calgary’s Cemeteries.
  • The name Old 300 is sometimes used to refer to the settlers who received land grants in Stephen F. Austin's first colony in Texas.
  • The 300.org is a select group of visionaries who are standing shoulder to shoulder as the first vanguard in the real war on aging. (Or so says their website and advertising materials.)
  • 300 Big Boys, a great episode of Futurama.
  • 300 Army troops returned to Iraq, in yet another action guaranteed to disrupt lives and screw with our military men and women.

Anything cool that I missed? Post a comment. And thank you, everyone, for reading the blog. And to answer my Mom’s question earlier, yes, I do plan to continue writing after I turn 40.