- The upcoming Warner Bros film 300, which is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army.
- The Chrysler 300, which is a little fancy for my taste but still a sweet ride.
- A German man has been dubbed Super Papa by the press after authorities discovered he had adopted 300 children worldwide, in an attempt to collect public funds. Dumbass.
- 300 Mounted Men is a website honoring the Mounted Policemen of Calgary’s Cemeteries.
- The name Old 300 is sometimes used to refer to the settlers who received land grants in Stephen F. Austin's first colony in Texas.
- The 300.org is a select group of visionaries who are standing shoulder to shoulder as the first vanguard in the real war on aging. (Or so says their website and advertising materials.)
- 300 Big Boys, a great episode of Futurama.
- 300 Army troops returned to Iraq, in yet another action guaranteed to disrupt lives and screw with our military men and women.
Anything cool that I missed? Post a comment. And thank you, everyone, for reading the blog. And to answer my Mom’s question earlier, yes, I do plan to continue writing after I turn 40.