Friday, August 25, 2006

A Perfect Week.

Earlier I wrote about my hope for a focused week. Forget that. Somewhere along the way I changed from “focused” to “perfect” as my goal. And so far, so good. But what does perfect mean to me? For physical activity, it looks something like this:

Monday
AM - 20 minutes of cardio (running), weight lifting (19,875 total lbs), 20 minutes of cardio (cycling)
PM - 60 minutes of cardio (cycling)

Tuesday
AM - 60 minutes of cardio (running)
PM - 60 minutes of cardio (cycling)

Wednesday
AM - 10 minutes of cardio (running), weight lifting (20,550 total lbs)
PM - No workout. Date night.

Thursday
AM - 70 minutes of cardio (cross training – running, climbing, cycling, running)
PM - 60 minutes of cardio (cycling)

Friday
AM - 10 minutes of cardio (running), weight lifting (21,113 total lbs), 8 minutes of cardio (running)
PM - 60 minutes of cardio (cycling)

And for eating, it means no crap. And I have been great this week. I have been eating Hammer Gel before the morning workout, then a protein drink and/or protein bar once I get to the office and again for lunch. Then I have a good dinner – pork stir fry, lean carne asada, grilled chicken breast – with vegetables and lots of water.

This week, I have managed to avoid a lot of temptation. Sleeping in every morning was tempting, as was going home right after work and lounging on the couch. I also said no to candy dishes on every desk at the office, a delicious looking chocolate and banana cream pie at a birthday celebration, cheese turnovers that Ric made for himself (“It’s not my fault,” he says, “I’m hungry.”) even though he knows how much I love them, and stacks of yummy cookies that Grant made. But I have not given in. I may not be able to keep this sort of regimen up for long, but I can definitely get through the rest of this week.