Saturday, August 5, 2006

And speaking of fitness...

I have hit a plateau of sorts. I still weigh somewhere around 189lbs. I am not too worried about it, because I know that chasing a particular weight or just working out to lose weight is not a good thing. If I continue to workout, stay physically active, and eat right, I will look and feel better. Period.

But, even though my clothes fit better and I feel good, I still like to see the numbers go down when I step on the scale. So, after four months of cardio-focused training, I am shaking things up a bit. Instead of running 6 ten minute miles, I am doing the iTrain treadmill workout which is interval training - sprints, hills, recovery times, etc. I also did my first class at the gym - BodyBlast with Rolan. It was a full body workout using floor exercises, hand weights, a barbell and an exercise ball. Man, what a workout! I had no idea we would do so many reps. I am still sore, and the workout was Thursday.

So, that's it for the fitness update. I am changing it up and hoping to jump-start my body again. And I can't believe I have stuck with this fitness thing for 4 months. It really has become a life change.