Thursday, August 17, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Confession time. Yes, I am a reality show fan. Not all of the shows, of course. But on any given Thursday, I am sitting in front of my TIVO watching Survivor. And on Sundays, I watch (and weep) during the sappiest moments of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Now, though, I am hooked on Rock Star: Supernova. Fifteen singers are competing to be the lead singer for a new rock band featuring Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Metallica) and Gilby Clarke (Guns & Roses). And the best part? Unlike American Idol contestants, these singers all have experience performing and writing music. They are really talented, and it’s been fun to watch them week-to-week.

So, these are my favorite performances by those still in the competition. Any one of these is a great reason why they should win.

And these singers are already gone from the competition, but they had great performances, too.

I promise, this will be the only blog entry about this show. I mean, it is supposed to be about me, not some televised singing contest. But I did want to post these links here, so I have something to point to when friends ask, "what the hell are you doing watching that stupid show?"