Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Birch Aquarium

There were so many great things to see here at Birch. These are just a few of the photos we took.

This is near the parking lot on the way in. It is one of their earlier submersibles.


This is part of the artwork out front of the aquarium.


This is a simulation of the kelp forests found off Point Loma and in the Channel Islands.


This is the shark tank out back. We were there at twilight, so the sharks were all active and ready to feed. I was glad they were inside and I was on the outside.


Hanging over the exit is this huge Great White Shark. I would hate to see that swimming towards me when am diving out in the Pacific!


What a beautiful place. I can't believe I have lived here for so many years yet never been to Birch before. Wow, what a mistake on my part!