Thursday, September 14, 2006

Breaking Up

Just like that, I sold my old car. I put an ad up on Craig's List about 4pm on Tuesday, and I had a response almost immediately. Another hour later, she came by the house to see the Malibu. Yesterday she had it inspected by a mechanic, and by 5pm we were signing papers.

I had that car since June 1998. It was the first brand new car I ever owned, and it was really a great car. Now that I have sold it, I feel like I am breaking up with someone. What happens if I see the car driving down the street? Do I stare and wave? Do I look away and pretend to not see it?

Wow. So much emotion wrapped up in a car. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my new Pontiac Vibe. It really is the perfect car for me right now, with diving and biking and all the other outdoor activities. But I still am going to miss the Malibu.
Malibu? I am seeing someone else now. It isn't you, though. It's me. I just need something different. I hope you don't hate me.