Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Off the tether

Somewhere between the back of my friend's car - a BMW 7 Series ride from heaven, by the way - and my own front door, I have managed to lose my cell phone. I hoped it would turn up in a day or two, but no luck. So I have been without my cell phone since Sunday afternoon, and it will be sometime tomorrow afternoon that I get my new one delivered.

For nearly three days, I will be wandering the streets of San Diego without a cell phone. It makes me feel almost like being on vacation - like Yosemite or the dive boat - where my cell did not work.

If you are trying to reach me, just leave a message. I can still access those through the landline, and I am doing that a couple of times a day. Other than that, you have to wait until tomorrow. This guy is currently "off the tether."