Sunday, October 22, 2006

Every day. Every week. Every month. All year.

When most people think of military deployments, they think of Marines or Soldiers going to war for months at a time, or Sailors going to sea. But there is more to the military life than one big deployment.

Right now, my buddy AJ is stuck in Yuma, Arizona. He will be there the entire month of October for training operations. I don't understand why a top-notch combat unit just back from Iraq needs to play in the desert for another month, but it's not my decision.

I would just like people to understand that being in the military is not a regular 8-5, Mon-Fri job. It really is 24/7, 365 days of the year. And this month, when AJ and his buddies would like to be home with their friends and families, they are stuck in the desert.

I understand the sacrifices they continue to make. Thank you, AJ. Semper Fi!