Sunday, October 8, 2006

Liberal vs. Conservative

This made its way into my in-box recently:
Did it ever occur to you that Conservatives are symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant; Liberals are symbolized by the jackass!
Being the person I am, you just know I couldn't just delete it without a smartass reply.

conservative (adj) Resistant to change. Opposed to liberal reforms. Unimaginatively conventional. Conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class; "a bourgeois mentality."

liberal (adj) Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Yep... I think I'll stick with the jackass. But thanks for sharing.