Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why the politics?

This is a blog about me and my journey to 40. I know that. But right now, with mid-term elections two weeks away, I can't think of anything that will impact my life at 40 more than what happens in the House and the Senate. So I writing about the news stories that catch my attention... about the desperate and the pitiful and the inspiring.

Granted, my life is not all politics, so yes, I will continue to write about many different things. But politics is the big story right now, and my attention... and frustration... and (dare I say it?) hopes are riding on the results of the elections.

Feel free to skim the posts that bore you, but don't vote ignorant. Vote your conscience and your heart and your head... not your fear. If you disagree with what I have written, post a comment or send me an email. I stand by what I write, and I am always happy to discuss anything in this blog with anyone.