Thursday, November 16, 2006

More from Mom, the Guest Blogger

(I was going to put this into the Comments section, but my Mom specifically asked that I post it here as a separate entry. Seems a bit "patting my own back" to me, but I really do appreciate the time and heart Mom put into it. So here it is.)

Your entire family wants to let you all know how much we love you, Ric & Grant. The three of you gave Teresa and Warren the greatest gift anyone could for their anniversary.

For those of you reading this, last night the three guys got together, cooked steaks, got flowers, table arrangements, baked cookies and put together a wonderful surprise anniversary dinner for my brother and his wife.

Time is running short for Teresa. I know how much joy and love she felt not only from the dinner but from everything these three are doing for them. With the rest of the family so far away, no words can express how grateful we are to John, Ric and Grant for being there. The rest of us are making our plans now to come out & I am hoping that Dad will be able to join us.

You never cease to amaze me. When someone is down, you are all there, lending a hand, no matter what it takes. Proud does not seem to fit how I feel about the things you guys do. No words can express my inner feelings right now, but in many ways it did not surprise me that you would come up with something like this. You all wear your heart in your hand.

Time passes so fast that you do not realize how long its been since you've seen or talked to your family members. It seems to take a tragedy to bring families closer. Don't let this happen to any of you.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring & loving son, son-in-law and adopted son. We love you all so much and will see you soon.