Tuesday, December 26, 2006

And a time to wake...

After nearly two months of avoiding the gym, eating whatever I wanted, and slacking off on in every area of physical fitness, I can happily report that I am back.

I got a great night's sleep last night, woke up at 5:00am, and made it to the gym for an hour of cardio. I managed 17+ miles on the bike, which is about 17 miles more than I have accomplished in any other recent morning.

So I'm back and ready to get after it again. My dormancy period of recharging is over, and now I need to begin my focus on my new training goals. In the next six months I will be riding 550 miles on a bike, and in the next twelve months I will be running a marathon in Las Vegas. Both of these will be significant physical challenges, and I need to get started now if I am going to bike and run successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment