Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome back to the Library.

I have not read a book for pleasure in a very long time, and I decided that it was time to correct that mistake. I went to my neighborhood library, reactivated my long-dormant card, and allowed myself all the time I wanted to wander up and down the rows of books. I ordered two books from other branches and walked out with three mysteries. I read the first, "The Woods", by Harlan Coben, in one sitting yesterday afternoon. I had forgotten how great it feels to lose myself in the words of a talented writer.

Thank you, Mr. Coben, for the many hours of pleasure. It was good to lose myself in the lives of others, to truly see and feel the settings, the characters, and the twists and turns of the story. Thanks for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment