Monday, August 3, 2009

What was your M.O.S.?

Last night I drove through the Taco Bell drive thru while wearing a tank top, and the guy at the window asked me what my MOS was? It took me a second to understand that he saw my Marine Corps tattoo, was himself a fellow Marine, and was asking about the job I did while in the Corps.

I have been trying to find something to motivate me to get to the gym, eat better, and get myself back in shape. Well, I found it. Wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor again means that in my own little corner of the world, and in my own way, I represent the Marine Corps. That is reason enough to get myself off the pity pot and back on my feet. I mean, do I really want people to look at my tattoo, look at the shape I am in, and think, "was that guy ever really a Marine?"

It's time to work. Semper Fi, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment