Thursday, March 18, 2010

How Health Care Reform Was Lost

No notes, no references, no "experts," just me and my opinion.

It doesn't matter if Health Care Reform passes or not. Any meaningful and significant changes have long been removed. Now, the bill is more of the same-old, same-old Washington nonsense. It's a lose-lose for the Democrats. If it fails, the GOP can claim victory. If it passes, the hollowed out shell of a bill will do little for the country. Hell, it will be more of a rallying cry for Republicans and Tea Party members against Democratic politicians.

Yes, I'm a Democrat who believes that we have to fix the health care problem in our country. But it will require real solutions. And sadly, I have no confidence that this country is willing to do what it takes. Instead, we will just keep slogging along with high costs, lost coverage, and minimal care. So this bill can pass or fail, I don't care, anymore. I can't give any more attention or concern to something that is, at best, an illusion.

What a mess. I'm just glad I don't have children, because I think that moving forward, things in this country are just going to keep getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment