Thursday, March 18, 2010

How I dropped 10 pounds in 1 second.

I've been giving a lot more thought to my weight goals over the last couple of weeks, and I made the decision today to adjust my loss goal from 160 to 170. As I'm losing weight, I am also getting a better feel for my body and what is truly healthy. 

Here I am at 220 pounds: 
 

And here, from 2006, is me at 189: 
 

And again at 185: 
 

I look at me in the last picture. I remember how I felt at that weight. I still had pounds to lose, sure, but 10-15 at the most. No way that guy in that photo needed to lose another 25 pounds. 

So, I'm adjusting my goal. And I am giving myself the freedom to adjust it again, up or down, as I continue to get healthier. I will not draw a line in the sand for a specific weight. I have a general goal of 170, but I will listen to my body and decide as I go if I still need to lose more weight or transition to a maintenance plan. 

And that, folks, is how I lost 10 pounds with a single keyboard stroke and a click of the mouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment