Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Goodbye, Democrats. Hello, Libertarians.

I can't take it anymore. Chuck Schumer thinks the government needs to intervene because an airline wants to charge passengers for carry-on bags. Lori Saldana thinks it should be a crime to carry a weapon in public. And President Obama can't figure out which way the wind is blowing on gays in the military and thus won't make any stand on the issue.

Enough is enough. I didn't sign up for this sort of government knows best, you can't be trusted with your own rights, stay silent and wait for equality sort of leadership.

As of today, I am no longer a Democrat. I have felt at odds with the party for a long time, but I still believed they had the best plan for this country. I don't believe that anymore. I have registered as a Libertarian and am hopeful I have found a party that truly speaks for me. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment