Monday, February 28, 2011

Dehydration. Not Fun.

After my race Saturday, I didn't drink any water. I don't know if it was because I was so cold after the run that I didn't feel I needed it, or if I was just on a high after finishing and didn't think about it. But I drank a Diet Coke and some iced tea. That was it for the day. 

Stupid. 

Yesterday morning (Sunday), I woke up feeling like I had the worst flu/hangover combination ever. I was shaking and shivering, cramping all over, and unable to hold down any food. I felt so nauseous. All I could do was lie in bed, sip Pedialyte and water, and hope to drop off to sleep. 

It was truly horrible. I felt awful the whole day. And all because I didn't drink water. And the weird thing is, I always drink water. Every day. Tons of it. I have a big glass on my desk and next to my bed, and I sip on them all the time. I just let myself get wrapped up in the race and I never thought to drink water afterwards. 

Well, lesson learned, definitely. I won't make that mistake again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment