Friday, April 22, 2011

My Brush With Celebrity, The Go-Go's!

I'll say it. I LOVE Twitter. I love that it creates instant connections between celebrities and fans.

Case in point, this response from the fabulous Kathy Valentine of the Go-Go's.



And the backstory. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is opening their "Women In Rock" exhibit, and the Go-Go's are absent. Stupid, right? Fans were vocally unhappy, and now the Rock Hall is claiming that they reached out to the band but their management never got back to them.

I called shenanigans. And I did so with a tweet to Jane Wiedlin and Kathy Valentine. Lo and behold, Miss KV replied to me via Twitter.

Yeah, I know it's silly. But it's fun. I have been a crazy fan of the Go-Go's for thirty years, and I'm still enough of a kid at heart to love when one of my music faves takes a moment to drop me a personal note.

I'm cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment