Thursday, February 9, 2012

Action 002 - Track. Track. Track.

When I'm on a food bender, eating whatever I want with no regard for calories or nutrition, the last thing I want to do is be confronted with the damage I'm doing. It's much easier to keep right on eating junk in massive quantities than it is to deal with the reality of what I am doing.

It's no surprise, then, that when I am losing my focus, I stop tracking what I am eating. Oh, I still keep up with the good stuff, tracking the fruits and vegetable servings that I have each day. But the overall calories and the specific things I am eating? No way do I track that.

Which brings me to Action 002, Tracking My Food. I have a super simple food tracker courtesy of SparkPeople.com, and I have no excuse to not use it. Seeing the calories add up through the day really helps me make better food choices and to avoid taking in more than I am burning.

This is what it looks like so far today:



As you can see, I still have plenty of available calories and I plan to use most of them on a delicious, healthy dinner. And I bet I even have enough for a late snack.

Tracking. It's something smart that I do for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment