Monday, February 13, 2012

Action 017 - Take A Walk.

Saturday, I rode my bike 10 miles in the Tour de Palm Springs. Sunday, I ran 13.1 miles in the Palm Springs Half Marathon. Today, I planned to skip the gym and my workout because I needed time to recover. Right? Wrong.

Time for Action 017 - Take A Walk. What I did this weekend was physically demanding, yes. And I do need to make sure my body has time to recover from my long-distance running. But I don't need to be completely sedentary today. There is no reason I can't put on my sweats and sneakers and spend thirty minutes walking through my neighborhood. In fact, I need to go to the store for a few things, and walking there and back will be just the right amount of exercise.

Recovery is vital. I know that. But a couple of miles of brisk walking is the perfect way to recover from a weekend of exercise. There's no reason for sitting around like a bump on a log.

No comments:

Post a Comment