Thursday, February 16, 2012

Action 040 - Add 'Em Up.

I can't do one hundred push-ups in a row. I don't have the upper body strength. It is a goal of mine to be able to do that, but so far... no. That doesn't mean that one hundred push-ups are out of my reach.

Action 040 - Add 'Em Up. I can still do one hundred push-ups if I do them in chunks and add them together for a daily total. I just need to commit to the idea of fitting in quick fitness moments throughout my day. I could drop and do ten pushups at the top of every hour of the day, for example. Add them up and I'll easily do over a hundred each day. And if I do that for a couple of weeks, I know I'll get stronger and be able to do more each time.

Soon enough, with commitment and determination, I'll be able to do one hundred push-ups without stopping. From there, who knows? The only thing that matters is that I am making fitness a priority, finding solutions instead of excuses. Besides, if this Marine can do one million push-ups this year, surely I can do one hundred a day, right?

Excuse me, but I need to drop for ten right now.



(Photo courtesy of defense.gov.)

No comments:

Post a Comment