Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Action 066 - Accept Reality.

My phone was blowing up this morning. A friend I ran the SoCal Ragnar with last year is running Ragnar Del Sol this weekend, and they just had a runner drop out with a family emergency. They are desperate for a runner, and you know I'm game to run. But...

Action 066 - Accept Reality. Yes, I want to run. Yes, I want to take part in another Ragnar. I loved running the first relay race and had such a great time. But it will cost me $200, and that's with me riding over from San Diego with a couple of other runners. And the reality is that right now, I don't have $200 budgeted for an extra event.

Sometimes, reality bites. But that doesn't change the facts. And the fact is, this weekend, I won't be running from Wickenberg to Tempe, Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment