Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Action 068 - Admit It When It Hurts.

So much of my attitude is about dealing with setbacks, fighting through obstacles, and getting over hurdles. But sometimes, there's no winning. Sometimes, I lose the fight.

Action 068 - Admit It When It Hurts. I came to the gym to run today. I planned to run slow, 5mph, but to add random hills. I thought it would be a good change of pace from the speed work and hills are always a challenge.

Pfft. I made it a mile and a half before I had to stop. Not just slow down, but completely stop. My shins hurt so much, every single step was painful. At the first mile, I thought I could power through it, but no way. They are literally throbbing right now.

This sucks. I'm on the bike, trying to get some cardio without putting too much impact on my shins. I was already in a crabby mood, and this is the shit icing on my craptastic day. Yes, I know I need to get perspective and not let this get to me, but I hate it.

Admit It when it hurts? Yep, it hurts. Too much to run. Damn it.


20120222-112132.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment