Saturday, February 25, 2012

Action 084 - Have Fun.

For those who know me, this might seem like a no-brainer. I mean, when am I not fun, right? Believe it or not, it is not always an automatic thing. I make a conscious choice to enjoy myself and have a good time rather than stress about the unknown or worry over whatever might not work out perfectly.

Action 084 - Have Fun. When I decided to accept the invitation to run Ragnar Del Sol at the last minute, I knew that I would be joining a group of people already bonded together. Even the three people on the team only knew me as "that guy in the other van last year." So there were lots of reasons for me to be concerned. But I told myself that the people I did know were great people and that, by extension, the rest of their running buddies had to be good people, too. And I decided that I would be bring my very best attitude and make it a fun experience for me and, if I could, for others.

Yeah. That happened. We had fun from start to finish. The group of people turned out to be absolutely amazing and I loved every minute of the experience. These few photos barely scratch the surface of the fun I had. It was absolutely fantastic!

This is our van, decorated from top to bottom... with a kilt!

Ryan and Brent, doing a little pre-run kilt check.



Me, finally finding a way to have long legs.



These folks were taking a picture of our van and of me and Jerry in our kilts, so we turned the tables and asked to take a picture of them, too. They were good sports and said, "sure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment