Friday, March 2, 2012

Action 114 - Produce First, Consume After.

I am a creature of habit in the morning. I wake up, grab my iPad, and check my email first thing in the morning. After that, I check Facebook, my Reeder Feed, and my SparkPeople buddies. Before I even put my feet on the carpet, I've already been influenced by any number of sources. And what is that doing to my own creativity?

Action 114 - Produce First, Consume After. For the next week, I'm going to try an experiment. Instead of my usual routine, I'm going to sit and write for an hour before I do anything else. I'm not sure what all I will be writing, but I think that question is part of the experiment, too.

What will be in my head when I first wake up? Without the influence of emails and social media and whatever "big, big news story of the day!", what will be important enough that it fills my head?

Let's find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment