Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Action 137 - Modify On The Fly.

I had the best intentions today. Get to the gym after my meeting and run off the stress and annoyance. Nope.

After a minute of running, I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't find my stride and I felt like my form was awkward and uncomfortable. I realized I was trying to run in a way that was protecting my shins from the impact, but it wasn't working at all. Stupid shins. Ten minutes was all I could take. Time for a different solution.

Action 137 - Modify On The Fly. Instead of forcing the run or giving up on the workout altogether, I went with a modified version. I hopped on the elliptical machine and still got my hour of cardio and my six miles.

It wasn't the workout I planned, but it didn't turn into a workout that I skipped. And that's a win for me.



20120307-115949.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment