Sunday, March 25, 2012

Action 227 - Honor Heroes (Mile 6).

I am dedicating each mile that I run in the Pasadena Marathon to another Marine Corps hero who has made the ultimate sacrifice, so that in my own small way, they may be honored, acknowledged, and remembered.

Action 227 - Honor Heroes (Mile 6). I will run mile six in honor of SSgt Jerome Bell, Jr. He is remembered as a devoted husband, father, brother and son. I will run for this Marine out of respect for his own outstanding service and devotion, evidenced by his return to active duty to return to the fight.


Marine Sgt. Jerome C. Bell Jr died September 19, 2008 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom

29, of Auburn, N.Y.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, Calif.; died Sept. 19 while supporting combat operations in Bawka, Afghanistan.

(Photo courtesy of Syracuse.com; summary courtesy of Military Times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment