Thursday, April 5, 2012

Action 281 – Eat Like A Quaker.

I’m up each morning before 6am and out the door by 6:30, so there isn’t much time to make anything too involved for breakfast. But I won’t go back to bad habits and start eating donuts and coffee again every day. I know better than to start down that path. Instead, I go back to an old-school breakfast solution.

Action 281 – Eat Like A Quaker. Oats, that is. Instant oatmeal is quick, inexpensive, comparatively healthy, and filling. I can eat two packets, take in about 260 calories, and get through most of my morning before I need another snack. It’s not a glamorous breakfast recipe with organic ingredients and fabulous presentation, but it gets the job done. At 6am each morning, that’s enough for me.

Now, if someone would just create margarita-flavored oatmeal, I would be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment