Thursday, April 12, 2012

Action 318 - Go Porky.

I am a pretty dedicated "bring my lunch" kind of guy. I used to eat fast food all the time for lunch, and changing that habit was one of the best things I ever did. That doesn't mean, though, that I don't enjoy the occasional splurge lunch.

Action 318 - Go Porky. Porkyland Mexican Grill, that is. Sure, it sounds more like a BBQ joint, but it's actually a long-standing tradition here in San Diego. And after eating here just once, I understand why it's been such a success for so long.

I thought for a half-second about enjoying one of their healthier menu options, but that idea went up in smoke - literally - as the wafting aroma of smoked chicken filled the room. I decided to go with the Chicken Quesadilla. It was a freshly made tortilla stuffed full of chicken and cheese and spices and who knows what all deliciousness, and I ate every single bite of it.

When I decided to splurge, I make it worth my while. And this lunch was worth every single calorie.



Go Porky. It's worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment