Monday, April 16, 2012

Action 339 - "Live With Intention."

Over the past two years of my fitness journey, I have been fortunate enough to meet some truly amazing and inspirational people. Some people, like Nancy Howard, have helped me to trust the process even when I don't see immediate results. Others, like Minna Ekman, have shown me that real strength comes when we get knocked down and still find the will to stand back up. And still others, like Jeremy Ward, have taught me that non-scale victories are the real milestones by which I should measure my success.

But one friend in particular stands out as a true role model.
Jerome Merlau (JMERLAU)
SparkPeople Member



Jerome is married with two beautiful daughters and lives in the Dallas area. He has lost 100 pounds while using the tools offered by SparkPeople, and he tracks his nutrition and fitness daily using the site. During this journey, he has become passionate about helping others realize their weight-loss goals. Showing as many people as possible that there is a healthy way to lose weight and keep it off is what keeps him going. Jerome has fallen in love with running and has completed numerous races--from 5Ks to half-marathons. Together, we CAN win the battle against obesity! He writes about the challenges of losing weight and keeping it off, with an emphasis on the issues that men face.

Jerome is proof that doing the right things intentionally and consistently will absolutely change your life. And that is why he is the only person whose words I have shamelessly and blatantly stolen used as inspiration.

Action 339 - "Live With Intention." In his most recent blog (Greener On The Other Side) on SparkPeople, Jerome explains that everything we do matters. From the nutritional choices I make to my workouts to the people I choose to be around, every action influences my overall success or failure. That principle is the foundation of Project One Five, and I am grateful to Jerome for reminding me of that.

Live with intention. Live life on purpose, not by default. Act as if the decisions I make will dictate the direction of my life. Because they do.



(New Year's Eve Half Marathon with Jerome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment