Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Action 350 - Sleep When I'm Tired.

It sure seems simple, doesn't it? So why am I having so much trouble making that happen? I'm guessing the obvious reason is that I am trying to do too many things at once and I just don't have enough hours in the day. Still, my body can only take so much, and last night I hit my limit.

Action 350 - Sleep When I'm Tired. I did, and it felt fantastic.

Tuesday night, I was awake way, way too late. Then yesterday morning, I woke up at 4:45 to get my morning run in before work. After work, I had filming and then another run at Balboa Park. I got home about 7:15pm and walked in to find an amazing salmon dinner waiting for me. After that, I wasn't long for the waking world.

I sat down on the bed, intending to putter around on my iPad while half-watching something on television. No chance of that. It was still early in the evening, but I fell asleep right away. And I would likely have slept through until morning, but I forced myself to get up just before midnight and pack up my gym bag for the next day.

It was really, really good sleep. And sometimes, that is the best thing you can do for a body.

No comments:

Post a Comment