Thursday, April 19, 2012

Action 352 - Reach Up For The Sunrise.

I understand that not everyone is a fan of running on the treadmill, but I really don't mind it. My gym (Boulevard Fitness) is on El Cajon Boulevard and the treadmills all look out the storefront windows, so there's always something to look at. And this time of year, going to the gym in the five o'clock hour means finishing to a spectacular view out front.

Action 352 - Reach Up For The Sunrise. After running a few miles, walking out the front door to a beautiful sunrise makes the whole day ahead a little better. It's as if I am truly starting everything over. I think the great philosophers, Duran Duran, said it best:
Now the time has come
The music's between us
Though the night seems young
It's at an end
Only change will bring
You out of the darkness
In this moment everything is born again

Reach up for the sunrise
Put your hands into the big sky
You can touch the sunrise
Feel the new day enter your life

And this morning, the view really delivered. I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure the sun looked like this today as it rose from behind the horizon:

No comments:

Post a Comment