Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Action 415 - Go Where The Night Takes Me.

By the time I got home from work and running errands yesterday afternoon, I was in a terrible mood. I sorted it out fairly quickly, mostly by realizing that what was bothering me didn't really merit all that attention or drama.

I said yes to a friend's invite and went to our local Irish Pub for a sip of my favorite adult beverage, Magners Cider. The plan was to stop in for a pint or two, unwind, and head back home at a decent hour. Turns out, it didn't quite play out like that.

Action 415 - Go Where The Night Takes Me.

We walked to the pub, so we had time to talk out the "grumpies" that we were both feeling. And by unspoken agreement, we decided to leave all that mess out on the street and not bring it in with us.



I knew the night was going to be great when we heard live Irish music playing as we walked into the pub. I was instantly in a better mood.

Next good bit of luck? Finding seating at the very end of the bar where we could hear ourselves talk while still enjoying the music.

And the last bit of good fortune? Being joined at the bar by two fun and interesting people. The conversation was easy, the mood light, and the evening out and out fantastic.

Early on, I decided to just enjoy the evening. And I really, really did. I had a delicious dinner with my husband, a great visit with my friend, and a fun evening with some new folks. Sometimes, nights without plans turn out to be the best evenings.

What is the lesson here? Not everything has to be controlled and regimented, RSVP'd and coordinated. Sometimes, the night will take me where I need to go. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment